Getting a driver’s license has never been easy. In fact, getting any documentation is not easy if word on the street is anything to go by. However, it is getting easier and continues to improve. You might not know this but for a few years now, the FRSC has had a website where prospective drivers can get their licenses and without the old hassles and stress and importantly it reduces cost too.
Read more about the Nigerian Driver’s License
- For starters, the applicant must possess a certificate from a registered driving school and with the driving school certificate number on that document, proceed to the FRSC-sanctioned website at: www.nigeriadriverslicence.org and begin application.
- Upon the landing page of the website, hover the mouse on DL application and then you will be availed three options: new driver’s license, renewal of driver’s license, re-issue of driver’s license. Click on “New Driver’s License”.
- On the new page, input your driving certificate number in the bar indicated “Test Certificate Number” and click on the “search” option. Please make sure that your driving school is registered as that is the only way your details will be found on the database.
- When your certificate information is found on the database, you will be re-directed to a new page where you will be required to input your details as accurately as possible as correcting any wrong details is a process on its own. Upon completion of the form, print out your details as well as the acknowledgement slip.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
- Proceed to the closest FRSC office and complete your application.
- You will be required to pay ₦6,350 for a license with 3 years and ₦10,450 for a five-year license. The payments are both online and offline as the FRSC still has designated banks through which they collect payments on all things driver’s license.
You can also track your application process by clicking on the “Track DL Application Status”, filling in your application ID and date of birth.
Nigeria Drivers Licence
Featured Image Source: A1drivinginstitute
Got something you want to read about on our platform? Contact us: email@example.com