This month I have talked so much on starting a tech career and I have shared tips on a non-techie guide to starting a career in coding and the ultimate learn by doing tip where I iterated the need to practice whatever you are learning as that is the fastest way to become an expert in the field. Today, I will be sharing an opportunity for non-coders whether they are techies or not. While surfing through social media, I came across the advert which is a guide to help people who have never coded before but are interested and willing to learn, code.
Read more about Tech
Start.ng is a website that offers an on-hands practice approach to the world of programming. The training is for beginners who want to learn the basics of software development. This platform will create a foundation to help you launch your career in coding. With a propelling belief that everyone should begin their software journey from the easiest starting point and then work their way up to basic web language before moving on to complex aspects of coding, the start.ng curriculum reflects that belief.
- General classes: this covers software development principles (Don’t Repeat Yourself [DRY]; Software Development Life Cycle [SDLC], code commenting etc.), software testing, test cases, GIT and Deployment (deploying on Heroku, Gitup pages, buying a domain, setting up a domain and setting up a paid and free SSL).
- Courses: this includes HTML5 and CSS3, Python, Ruby and Go
- Project and Rewards
The project phase is divided into 3:
- Training (6 weeks)
- Project (2 weeks)
- Pre-HNG Internship (1 week)
The first set of people to be promoted at each stage would receive rewards in the form of paid courses, swags, stickers and books. Data subscription and cash.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
- It is free of charge
- Remote and open to everyone irrespective of age
- No entrance examination or screening exercise.
- It is self-paced learning, meaning you can finish as soon as you can or stretch your classes with your work schedule. Such flexibility!
After the coding classes, learners can then apply for an internship with companies to help them with real-life application of the things they have been taught.
Ready to start the beginner’s journey to coding? Start here.
Opportunities are fleeting, here today and gone tomorrow. So, like a good neighbour, share this opportunity with your family and friends including those who may be at home waiting for admission into a tertiary institution or for the call to serve their father’s land.
Today’s quote is something that will resound with each one of us as we choose our path in this life and try to create the life we dream of. The next words are by Ralph Waldo Emerson and I want you to take your time, read it, understand it and then apply it going forward:
“As to methods, there may be a million and then some, but principles are few. The man who grasps principles can successfully select his own methods. The man who tries methods, ignoring principles, is sure to have trouble.”-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Featured Image Source: Startng
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com