GEC2020 is an initiative of Startup City Hub Limited annual entrepreneurship business competition that is open to Nigerians at home and in the diaspora.
GEC2020 was established to find the best business ideas and give the winning businesses the investment and expertise they need to become a global success.
Partnering with the British International institutions for Leadership and Management and The Nigeria Investment Gateway to ensure we also give the entrepreneurs the best opportunities to attract investors to their business ideas; some of these talented entrepreneurs and their winning business ideas will be showcased at the forthcoming Nigeria Trade and Investment Summit holding in London in June 2021.
Prizes to be won include:
1st Prize: N12 Million
2nd Prize: N8 Million
3rd Prize: N4 Million
Top 10 ideas will get an all-expenses-paid trip to The Nigerian Trade and Investment Summit in London, next year, 2021 and much more.
To enter the competition is very simple: You log on to www.gec.business. Complete your personal details, pay your entry fee of N2,500 or $7, complete the simple Business Plan Template, then submit your entry and wait for the announcement of the winners.
GEC2020 GUIDELINES & RULES
- Entrants must be within the ages of 18-40.
- Entrants must be Nigerians or of Nigerian heritage (proof will be required).
- All Entrants must complete a business plan template on the GEC site.
- Entrants must be available for telephone or face to face verification when needed.
- GEC reserves the right to disqualify an entrant if guidelines and rules of the competition are not followed.
- Entrants must be available to travel to NIGERIA TRADE AND INVESTMENT SUMMIT LONDON 2021.
- Multiple entries are permitted only with different business idea or plan.
- Entrants can be individuals or a group of 2-5 individuals.
- Entrants ideas or businesses can be a new business, start-up or existing business of not more than 3 years in existence.
- If an existing business; yearly turnover must not exceed ‘N20M per annum.
- Entrants can be resident in Nigeria or Diaspora however the business must be replicable in Nigeria.
Registration ends 18th December 2020.