So we are back with some tech hacks and tips today. Come along.
You probably already know about the new features Google added to its Gmail application for the web. Then again if you do not want to view the feature and want it turned off then follow these simple steps:
Read more about Tech
- Log in to your Gmail by typing your user name and password.
- Click on the “Gear” icon on the top right corner
- Click on “See all settings” button that appears next.
- Click on “Chat” and “Meet” button at the top
- Next to the Meet Section, you will see an option to Hide Meet or Show Meet. Click on Hide Meet
- Save changes and you are done.
If you are not comfortable with the fact that Google has access to your location and data and you want to manage it, here is how:
- Open your browser and log on to https://myaccount.google.com/and sign in to your Google account.
- Click on Data and Personalization
- Scroll down to Activity Controls and click on Location History
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
- Click on Manage Activity
- Finally, click on the trash icon to delete all of your location histories to date.
Do you know Google Meet enables noise cancellation? Well, now you do. The feature uses AI to cancel out noises that do not come off as noises such as noise from your TV or someone in the background. Note that the feature is only available on the web. Here is how to activate the feature.
- Go to Meet homepage
- Click on Settings
- Select Audio
- Turn on Noise Cancellation
- Click Done to finish
Note that the feature is fairly new to G-Suite so many may not find the feature for the time being in their settings.
Featured Image Source: The Verge
Got a suggestion? Contact us: editor at connectnigeria dot com