Last week, we talked about the NIN and how to check and almost as if the universe wanted it so the week, the NIMC has now rolled out a digital app to suffice in the place of the permanent ID (that never came). So here is how to get and use the app.
Read more about Tech
- Go to the Google PlayStore and search MWS NIMC Mobile ID or follow this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nimcmobile&hl=en_US. It is also available for iPhone users on App Store via https://apps.apple.com/ng/app/nimc-mobileid/id1500621463.
- Download the app.
- Input the NIN number of that temporary slip you have or request it by dialling *346# on any Nigerian network. Make sure that the country code is +234 and that the number is the one that is linked with your NIN.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
- Click “I Agree” on the attestation page
- Enter a preferred PIN. Confirm it.
- Your dashboard will then be displayed for by default henceforth. This would include tabs to show or even scan ID among other things.
Note that you must have registered on the NIMC database as in having the temporary ID to even use the app at all. More importantly, the whole thing is free.
Featured Image Source: Technext NG
Got a suggestion? Contact us: editor at connectnigeria dot com