The Enugu State Government, through its SME Center, is offering collateral-free business loans to SMEs in the state. This SME Business Support Loan is being made available in collaboration with Lidya, a digital bank.
Read more about Business
The Enugu SME Center was set up to drive enterprise growth and job creation, and spur widespread economic development in the state. It initiates capacity-building projects and provides financial support to commercial ventures and investors.
The loan is a cash advance that’s decided based on the recipient’s 3-month bank statement. Businesses will have to send their 3-month bank statement as a PDF to the loan provider to qualify.
No co-signers or guarantors are needed to apply for the loan.
It is to be repaid within 30 days of being received by the applicant. It’s also renewable every 30 days. Upon timely repayment, the beneficiary can apply for another loan with a longer tenor from Lidya.
The 30-day loan has an interest rate of 3.5%. The amount to be repaid will depend on what’s advised by Lidya.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
To qualify for a loan, businesses must:
- Be operational in Enugu State.
- Have a monthly turnover of at least ₦500,000 (proof in bank statement).
- Applicant’s full name, residential and business address.
- CAC Certificate.
- Bank Statement for the last months.
- Tax Identification Number (TIN).
- Copy of a government-issued photo ID (copy).
- Copy of a utility bill.
- Details of next-of-kin (name, relationship, address, phone number).
- Fill your details in the application portal
- You will be contacted by Lidya for an over-the-phone assessment.
- Submit the documents required by Lidya.
- Receive the loan if your business qualifies.
If you would like to apply for the Enugu State SME Support Service Loan, click here.
Got a suggestion? Contact us: editor at connectnigeria dot com