Without a doubt, the emergence of COVID-19 compounded the challenges confronting the educational system in Africa, hence, the need for innovative and scalable solutions to save the continent’s educational sector. There is a great need for an urgent approach towards reorienting the educational and training systems in Africa to match the required knowledge, skills, creativity, innovation, and competencies essential for nurturing African core values as well as ensuring sustainable development at the national, sub-regional, and continental levels as evident in the Continental Education Strategy for Africa (CESA).
Read more about Education
Africa needs to promote innovation in the educational and skills development sectors through the use of opportunities presented in the current phase of the digital revolution, to widen its impact and see to the fact that disadvantaged groups are not exempted from the equation. The role of ICT cannot be neglected in ensuring global access, empowerment of school graduates, and quality provision towards their personal life, and socio-economic development.
Against this backdrop, the African Union Commission (AUC), and its partners across Africa are set to hold the third edition of Innovating Education in Africa Expo virtually from October 2020-June 2021 with series of events lined up. Since its first edition in 2018, the program has continued to make huge impacts and has stabilized at the fore of the Pan-African events, fostering the adoption of Educational Innovations in the continent. While the eligibility criterion for individuals willing to participate is being aged between 18-35 years, the case for organizations are:
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
- Implementation of an educational innovation in Africa which is styled with the background and innovations being sought in the call for submissions for the program.
- Legally registered and operational for not less than one year.
- Must not have been previously awarded in the 2018 and 2019 editions of the expo.
Prize For Winners
- Cash grants of 100,000 USD.
- Promotion of innovations during the Virtual Exhibition Day to investors, policymakers, and practitioners.
- A platform for participating in entrepreneurship training, business incubation, as well as acceleration programs aimed at strengthening business model and scaling up innovations.
- Publishing innovations in the Africa Education Innovations Handbook 2020.
- Presentation of Certificate of Recognition from the African Union Commission.
The deadline for application is October 9, 2020. For more details and application, click on this link
Featured Image Source: Opportunity Desk
Got a suggestion? Contact us: editor at connectnigeria dot com