The MSME Survival Fund is a ₦75 billion facility set up by the Federal Government to help small businesses get through the operational difficulties brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
It’s part of a broader ₦2.3 trillion Economic Sustainability Plan that’s aimed at engineering the country’s economic recovery from the effects of the coronavirus outbreak.
Read more about Business
The government intends the fund to benefit at least 1.7 million people, comprising small businesses, their employees, and self-employed individuals.
The Survival Fund consists of two components:
- The Payroll Support Scheme, which will see the Federal Government assist MSMEs to pay the salaries of their workers. Businesses that benefit from this will receive payroll support of between ₦30,000 and ₦50,000 per employee for three months. Up to 10 employees per business will be covered by the scheme. About 500,000 MSMEs are expected to benefit from this.
- The Guaranteed Offtake Scheme, which will enable businesses to carry on with their operations in the current conditions. Here, 100,000 small scale businesses will receive a ₦50,000 grant. One-off grants of ₦30,000 each will also be disbursed to artisans, electricians, plumbers, and transport businesses (bus drivers, taxi drivers, rideshare such as Uber and Bolt drivers, and mechanics).
The Federal Government will also cover the full cost of business name registration for 250,000 new small businesses.
Find our comprehensive listings of businesses in Nigeria here https://businesses.connectnigeria.com/
According to government officials, at least 45% of recipients of this support will be women, and 5% will be people with special needs.
How To Register For The MSME Survival Fund
Registration commenced on Monday, September 21 with educational institutions seeking payroll support. Businesses in the hospitality industry will be able to register to start on Friday, September 25, by 12 AM. Other small businesses will have the portal open to the beginning on Monday, September 28, also by 12 AM.
These are the steps you can take to register:
- Visit the MSME Survival Fund portal, survivalfund.ng. Click sign up, and follow the arrow to the top left which reads ‘Start Here’.
- This takes you to the various categories of support you can apply for. Click on the one you are interested in.
- Fill in your personal details: first and last name, email, phone number, gender, date of birth, and local government. Accept the terms and conditions, and register.
- You will receive an activation code on the phone number and email you registered with.
- Log in and register your organization. You will need the following to complete this process: CAC number, SMEDAN number, a Tax ID (not compulsory), and your organization’s bank account.
- If you are applying for payroll support, you will receive an email listing the things you will need to complete the application. You are to submit the names of no more than 10 employees, proof of past payment to them, among other items.
If you would like to register for the MSME Survival Fund, visit survivalfund.ng to begin.
Featured Image Source: MSME Africa
Got a suggestion? Contact us: editor at connectnigeria dot com