Every youth should participate in the #EndSARS movement. It is a cause that concerns us all and will determine the safety and security of us and our unborn children for years to come.
If you need the inspiration to lend your voice in support of the #EndSARS movement, here are 20 inspirational quotes to propel you to action.
Read more about #EndSARS
- “Where you see wrong or inequality or injustice, speak out, because this is your country. This is your democracy. Make it. Protect it. Pass it on.” — Thurgood Marshall
- “Silence becomes cowardice when the occasion demands speaking out the whole truth and acting accordingly.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.” — Dr Martin Luther King Jr
- “Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.” — Haile Selassie
- “If I sit silently, I have sinned.” — Mohammad Mossadegh
- “Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve a lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.” — Robert F Kennedy
- History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamour of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it. – Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.
- No democracy can exist unless each of its citizens is as capable of outrage at injustice to another as he is of outrage at injustice to himself. – Aristotle
- If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law. – Henry David Thoreau
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
- If any of you happens to see an injustice, you are no longer a spectator, you are a participant, and you have an obligation to do something. – June Callwood
- Injustice and corruption will never be transformed by keeping them hidden but only by bringing them out into the light and confronting them with the power of love. – Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” — Alice Walker
- “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” — Dr Martin Luther King Jr
- “To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.” — Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.” — Archbishop Desmond Tutu
- “A man dies when he refuses to stand up for that which is right. A man dies when he refuses to stand up for justice. A man dies when he refuses to take a stand for that which is true.” — Dr Martin Luther King Jr
- “In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems, for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.” – Albert Einstein
- “To be just, it is not enough to refrain from injustice. One must go further, and refuse to play its game: substituting love for self-interest as the driving force of society.”- Pedro Arrupe SJ
- “Every word has consequences. Every silence, too.” – Jean-Paul Sartre
- “Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it.” – William Penn
Featured Image Source: The Cable
Got a suggestion? Contact us: editor at connectnigeria dot com