Google is currently offering a huge scholarship opportunity for women from three continents/regions: Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. The scholarship is strictly tailored for women who are studying computer science or a similar technical field in those regions. The Generation Google Scholarship will be awarding the winning applications the sum of 7000 EUR each in scholarships for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Read more about Tech
According to the website,
“Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s impact on diversity, demonstrated leadership, and academic background.”
Who Can Apply?
- You must be an undergraduate or graduate of a university as at 2020/21 academic session.
- You must be on the verge getting enrolled in a Bachelor, Master’s Degree or PhD degree in an accredited university in Europe, Africa and the Middle East for the academic year 2020/21.
- You must be studying computer science or any closely related discipline.
- You must have a strong academic record.
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for improving the representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology.
How To Apply?
According to Google:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities).
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree).
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor.
- Responses to four short essay questions.
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool or respective peers (e.g. Bachelors students compared to other Bachelors students).
When Is The Deadline?
The deadline for the close of applications in early December so do hurry
For more info, email: email@example.com.
Featured Image Source: CTV News
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org