Hello dear readers, how are you doing? I hope you are doing just great. How has your week been? I hope that you have been taking one day at a time?
Do remember that you may hit a tree with an axe several times, but with continuous hitting, it just takes one strike and the tree is down. Never give up on your goals and dreams in life.
Read more about Health
Last week Saturday 31st October 2020 I was able to meet a major goal which I had set for myself; which was doing a book review with the award-winning book review on Classic FM 97.3. This was a major game-changer for me because I was able to talk about my book “SECRETS FOR A HEALTHY BODY (The power of herbs)” which helps to create awareness on the usage and doses of herbs.
This made me so happy and fulfilled because, finally, I was gradually gaining an audience for my book and work.
In life, you must have a dream and never give up on it. When your dreams come true, you feel like you can conquer anything in the world.
For today we will be looking at a wonder fruit called Pawpaw also known as Papaya.
Pawpaw is a fruit that is rich in carbohydrates, fat and protein. It has a high content of Folate and it is rich in minerals, vitamins and fibre.
I will be giving you 12 health benefits of Pawpaw:
- Pawpaw helps to treat indigestion.
- It helps to treat ulcers and heartburn by neutralising excess gastric acid in the stomach.
- Pawpaw helps to treat skin sores and infections.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
- Pawpaw is also a good worm expeller and it is great for eyesight.
- Due to its antibacterial nature, it helps to treat diarrhoea.
- Pawpaw helps to treat skin disorder and it is a great diet for people suffering from skin diseases like acne and eczema.
- The seeds of pawpaw when mashed into a paste is a great treatment for ringworms.
- When Pawpaw leaves are mixed with lemongrass and guava leaves, it becomes an effective treatment for Malaria.
- It is a great treatment for liver diseases.
- Pawpaw is a great treatment for hepatitis.
- Pawpaw helps to treat diabetes, stomach ulcers, and impotency.
- Pawpaw is a very effective weight loss diet and lifestyle; it also helps to control obesity.
From all the above health benefits of Pawpaw, you can see that it is a very healthy fruit to include in your diet. Pawpaw is also a delicious fruit and it is very filling.
Well, dear readers, we have come to the end of another segment. Join me soon when I will be bringing you another wonder fruit. Till then it is your Nature Pharmacist, OCB. Cheers.
Featured Image Source: Yates
Got a suggestion? Contact us: editor at connectnigeria dot com