Thankfully, work-life balance can be achieved through effective time management strategies, commitment, and privatisation.
Read more about Wellness
Here are 23 great quotes to inspire you to maintain a balance between personal life and career.
- Don’t confuse having a career with having a life. — Hillary Clinton
- When I think about work-life balance, I don’t imagine it as a perfect day where I got to spend the exact right amount of time having an impact at work and snuggling with my kids at home. I never achieve that. But over the course of a month, or a quarter, or a year, I try to make time for the people and experiences I value.
— Jane Park
- I believe that being successful means having a balance of success stories across the many areas of your life. You can’t truly be considered successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles. — Zig Ziglar
- When you’re gone, would you rather have your gravestone say, ‘He never missed a meeting’? Or one that said, ‘He was a great father’. — Steve Blank
- Life will always get busy, make time to do the things you love. — Lailah Gifty Akita
- Work is just a part of our life, not vice versa. So Live life full time, work work, part-time. — Vikrmn
- Work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. The other four balls – family, health, friends, integrity – are made of glass. If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, nicked, perhaps even shattered.
— Gary Keller
- Take care of yourself: When you don’t sleep, eat crap, don’t exercise, and are living off adrenaline for too long, your performance suffers. Your decisions suffer. Your company suffers. — Ev Williams
- “No one on his deathbed ever said, ‘I wish I had spent more time at the office.’” — commonly attributed to politician Paul Tsongas or rabbi Harold Kushner
- “We think, mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of time we put in.” —Arianna Huffington, author and businesswoman
- “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.” — Dolly Parton, singer
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
- “You can’t have everything you want, but you can have the things that really matter to you.” — Marissa Mayer, former president and CEO of Yahoo
- “Work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. The other four balls—family, health, friends, and integrity—are made of glass. If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, nicked, perhaps even shattered.” — Gary Keller, real estate entrepreneur
- “Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.” —Sydney J. Harris, journalist
- “When in doubt, choose the kids. There will be plenty of time later to choose work.” — Anna Quindlen, author
- “If you want your children to turn out well, spend twice as much time with them and half as much money.” —Abigail Van Buren (aka Dear Abby), advice columnist
- “Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.” — Regina Brett, author
- “Children learn to smile from their parents.” — Shinichi Suzuki, musician and educator
- “The key is in not spending time, but in investing it.” — Stephen R. Covey, author
- “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” — Michael Altshuler, motivational speaker and sales consultant
Featured Image Source: CEO Today
Got a suggestion? Contact us: editor at connectnigeria dot com