A national identification number is a unique identification number issued by the government of a country for the purpose of identity verification of its citizens, permanent residents, and temporary residents.
Following a two week ultimatum which was later extended, Nigerians have been encouraged by the government to link their NIN with their phone number before the deadline.
Read more about Tech
The federal government has extended the deadline for subscribers with NIN from 30th December 2020 to 19th January 2021, and subscribers without NIN from 30th December 2020 to 9th February 2021.
If you’re yet to link your phone number with your NIN and are unsure of what steps to take, here are a few steps to follow.
To link your NIN
– Dial *785# using the phone number you wish to link, enter your NIN and submit or;
– Dial *785#Your NIN# from the phone number you wish to link. The number will be linked to your NIN automatically.
– Visit https://mtnonline.com/nim/using your phone or computer.
– Fill out the NIN linking form by entering your name, phone number, NIN, and email address.
– Submit the form and await feedback from the network.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
To link your NIN with your Airtel phone number, follow the steps below;
– Dial *121# on the Airtel line you wish to link.
– Type 1 for “NIN Capture” and send.
– Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.
– Expect a message from Airtel confirming your submission. If you get an error message, wait for a while and try again.
Other Networks (Glo and 9mobile)
– For other networks other than MTN and Airtel, you simply visit the nearest office of your service provider (Glo or 9mobile) to register or link your NIN.
– Go along with your NIN and SIM pack or contact the customer care line.
Featured Image Source: Zikoko
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org