We all fail at some point in our lives. Whether it’s at academics or business, family or friendships, faith or morals, there is some aspect of our existence in which we have fallen flat on our faces.
But we want to make something out of those dark moments. It’s only in deriving the good from the failings that we are able to make sense of them. And it’s probably the best way to move on’ from our fall.
Read more about Monday Motivation
It doesn’t take great thinkers and achievers to point this out. But from them, we can find confirmation of the value of learning from our failures and building success out of the ashes of our previous collapses.
So here are 20 quotes from wise, famous and successful people about learning from failure.
- “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy
- “If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” – Ken Robinson
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas A. Edison
- “When you take risks you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important.” – Ellen DeGeneres
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” – Henry Ford
- “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Winners are not afraid of losing. But losers are. Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
- “When we give ourselves permission to fail, we, at the same time, give ourselves permission to excel.” – Eloise Ristad
- “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” –Michael Jordan.
- “No man ever achieved worth-while success who did not, at one time or the other, find himself with at least one foot hanging well over the brink of failure.” –Napoleon Hill.
- “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” –Henry Ford.
- “When I was young, I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. So I did ten times more work.” –George Bernard Shaw.
- “It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” –J.K. Rowling.
- “Failure is success in progress.” –Albert Einstein.
- “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” –Maya Angelou.
- “Failure isn’t fatal, but failure to change might be.” –John Wooden.
- “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” –Bill Gates.
- “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” –Richard Branson.
Anyone who tries to do things that are worthwhile will encounter failure at some point. But failure doesn’t have to be the end of pursuits. You can learn from it, and work with the lessons to achieve success.
Featured Image Source: From The Grapevine
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org