While the prices of cars are going up in the country no thanks to good old inflation, there is no denying that owning your own vehicle is really the best option for both commuters and travellers alike. Public transport is either too inconvenient or too harmful to you or your belongings.
Read more about DIY
Car owners are usually not keen on doing much else to their rides and those who do are seen are oddly flamboyant. That said, there is a lot of mods you can do to your ride that will make it a bit more of a stand-out if you are into that kind of thing.
Many of these mods are actually very useful rather than just exercises in frivolity or meaningless aesthetic.
1. Interior lights are actually very useful as well as an aesthetic plus for any car owner. You could get one that plays music and turns once you open your car. You cannot go wrong with LED strips.
2. Did you know that cleaning your headlights with toothpaste and baking soda will leave them looking good as new? You could apply the solution and leave it on for twenty minutes before washing it off.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
3. Putting small LED lights on the inside of your car door could save you from an accident that might prove expensive to fix. It would be wise to purchase at least four-plus back-ups for your ride.
Those lights will serve as indicators when you open your car at night or day to warn oncoming vehicles not to drive too close. Make sure your cover the light by waterproofing to keep from being damaged by rain.
4. Install bungee cargo nets on the back of your car seats to make sure that you have extra storage. This would be especially useful if you have a family and drive an SUV. You may install it in the underside of your car roof or the boot of your car all to the same effect of fostering more storage.
5. To fix and blow out small dents, use a sink plunger. Make sure you sprinkle water on the spot before doing this before plugging the plunger and then pull to fix your dent.
6. For family people, you can add back seat organizers to your back seat for storing up those pesky little snack packs and toys for your children in the back. They make for a better-organized backseat as passengers do not have to carry anything on their laps and also they are accessible for reach.
Car mods are not necessarily expensive or outright elaborate but they can be extremely useful for a car owner. Having one could have you look past that storage problem that dogged you before or the problem of lighting in your ride.
Featured Image Source: Amazon
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com