Life isn’t always rosy. Sometimes it’s filled with bumps; other times, it’s defaced by deep valleys and gorges. The trials we face may threaten to steal every ounce of resolve we can muster.
Read more about Monday Motivation
But what else is there, except to persevere? For, if we give up hope, we’ll descend into the abyss—the end could be tragic. On the other hand, there’s always the chance that we’ll cut through the hardship we’re currently facing, and emerge on the other side in much better shape.
If you’re going through tough times now, here are twenty quotes about perseverance to reignite your will to fight (and win).
- “Men fail much oftener from want of perseverance than from want of talent”—William Cobbett.
- “In the realm of ideas everything depends on enthusiasm… in the real world, all rests on perseverance”—Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe.
- “Adversity, and perseverance and all these things can shape you. They can give you a value and a self-esteem that is priceless”—Scott Hamilton.
- “Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody”—Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained”—Marie Curie.
- “A winner is just a loser who tried one more time”—George M. Moore Jr.
- “Let me tell you the secret that has led to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity”—Louis Pasteur.
- “Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other”—Walter Elliot.
- “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish”—John Quincy Adams.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
- “In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins- not through strength but by perseverance”—H. Jackson Brown.
- “Through perseverance, many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure”—Benjamin Disraeli.
- “History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats”—B.C. Forbes.
- “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do”—Pele.
- “Perseverance is the secret of all triumphs”—Victor Hugo.
- “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance”—Samuel Jackson.
- “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination”—Tommy Lasorda.
- “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did”—Newt Gingrich.
- “Keep trying until you have no more chances left”—Aimee Carter.
- “Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you”—George Whitefield.
- “Every storm runs out of rain”—Maya Angelou.
- “Your most valuable asset can be your willingness to persist longer than anyone else”—Brian Tracy.
The path to a brighter future may seem tough. But if the prize is worth the fight, you have what it takes to persevere through the challenges of the present and to eventually claim victory.
Featured Image Source: Woman NG
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com