The Scaling Digital Agriculture Innovations through Startups (SAIS) project 2021 is open for applications. The program, which takes place annually, is inviting applications from African startups seeking to scale and ready themselves for investment.
Read more about Opportunities
The SAIS project is organised by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, and funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
This year, up to 18 startups will be selected by the GIZ to undergo a nine-month Investment Readiness Program. The program aims to help the selected startups improve their business model, get access to business partners and investors, and become more impactful.
Startups selected to participate in the program will benefit in the following ways:
- Weekly advisory and coaching sessions.
- Receive access to services such as legal advice, marketing, coding, product optimization, and more.
- Integration into one of the GIZ’s partners hubs.
- Access to business partners and investors from the GIZ-SAIS network.
- Add-on services for female entrepreneurs.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
Startups may apply if:
- They are providing digital-driven solutions for farmers and the agricultural value chain.
- Registered and operating in at least one African country.
- A team of at least two people.
- Must have a digital product with a clear impact on their user’s income.
- Must have launched its product to the market at least six months before their application.
The deadline for applications is August 31.
To find out more about GIZ SAIS investment readiness program, click here.
Featured Image Source: Opportunity Desk
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org