The Speak Up, Stand Out (SUSO) Program for Changemakers 2021 is designed to endow young community-based leaders in Nigeria with the knowledge, resources, and skills they need to effect positive change in society.
Read more about Opportunities
Through the program, about 20 youth will be appointed as activists, and come up with innovative ways to engage other young people to influence and drive policies that augur well for their socio-economic reality.
Persons selected to be activists under the program will receive financial support (including mini-grants) and technical assistance to implement pilot projects that contribute to social change. They will execute the project over twelve months.
The SUSO Program is organized by the Nigeria Youth SDGs Network, Center for Youth Advocacy and Development, and Afrika Youth Movement.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
Activists under the SUSO program will benefit in the following ways:
- Get trained and supported to improve their youth mobilization skills
- Receive funding and technical assistance to execute their project
- Work on achieving positive change in Nigeria through community-based efforts
- Receive monthly stipends
Applicants are expected to meet these criteria:
- Aged between 18 and 35 years
- Be a resident of Lagos, Abuja, or Enugu
- Be passionate about Education, Governance, Employment, Peace, and Security (all themes of the program)
- Be willing to commit at least 20 hours per week to the program’s activities
The deadline for applications to this program is Monday, September 27.
If you would like to apply for the SUSO Program for Changemakers, click here.
Featured Image Source: Opportunity Desk
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com