If you are a woman with an early-stage engineering innovation or startup, here’s a chance for you to get the support you need to scale it.
Read more about Opportunities
Women in Engineering (WomEng), an organization that develops and runs employability training for African women engineers, is calling on women heading innovative engineering startups and solutions to apply for its Africa Innovation Fellowship.
Now in its third year, the Africa Innovation Fellowship helps women-owned STEM ventures acquire the technical skills and expertise they need to finetune their solutions, reach their target markets, and achieve growth.
The 2021 edition of the fellowship will begin in November 2021 with virtual sessions covering idea and business incubation, leadership development, and networking. This will be followed by five months of virtual support tailored to individual participants.
The Africa Innovation Fellowship is supported by the UK’s Royal Academy of Engineering.
Women selected for the fellowship will benefit in the following ways:
- Gain insights that enable them to grow their business
- Be exposed to investors from across Africa
- Engage with other innovators on the African continent
- Attend venture clinics and be mentored by experts
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
Candidates will have to meet these conditions to be considered for the fellowship:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be female citizens of an African country, and serving as founders or cofounders of a venture (or innovation) operating on the continent
- Have an innovation or product in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM); but they need not be graduates or students in these fields
- The applicant’s innovation or startup should be in its early stage
- They should be willing to participate in the program throughout the six months within which it will be held
The Leadup To The Program
Applications will remain open until Friday, 15 October 2021.
Successful applicants will be notified on November 1, and the program will commence on November 16. It will run until April 2022.
If you would like to apply for the Africa Innovation Fellowship 2021, click here.
Featured Image Source: Ntchito Pa Malawi
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org