The Inclusive FinTech 50 initiative is a program that seeks to identify 50 FinTechs in developed and emerging markets that are solving problems in credit, payment and remittances, insurance, savings, and personal finance, among underserved populations.
Read more about Opportunities
This program will grant these startups visibility among global investors and program partners through media features. Applicants may also share their contact information with the IF50 Investors Network, a group of investors who want to engage early-stage FinTechs.
Sponsors of the Inclusive FinTech 50 program include Visa Inc, MetLife Foundation, and Jersey Overseas Aid and Comic Relief, with support coming from Accion and the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
Startups selected from the pool of applicants will benefit in the following ways:
- Gain prominence through global media coverage.
- Participate in virtual events involving investors and program partners.
- Promotion across the global FinTech ecosystem.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
FinTechs may apply if they meet these conditions:
- Focus on populations that have not been served by formal financial institutions.
- Self-funded, seed stage, Series A or Series B.
- B2B, B2C, or B2B2C with a solution targeting credit, insurance, payments and remittances, savings, and personal finance management.
How The Program Will Unfold
Applications remain open until July 23rd, and winners will be announced on October 20th. Winning startups will take part in digital events during the Financial Inclusion Week, from November 1-4.
To apply for the Inclusive FinTech 50 initiative, click here.
Featured Image Source: Entrepreneurs NG
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org