When we live with a sense of purpose, we’re better able to tap into the joys of everyday experience. We can place these events within a greater frame, a grand story of our lives that can only get better.
Read more about Monday Motivation
This approach to living allows us to set targets, aim at them, and achieve great things. And when the times are tough, focusing on our purpose can inspire us to rise above the negatives and keep pushing for a brighter future.
If you’re seeking motivation to pursue better outcomes for your life, here are 20 quotes that should get you riled up to reach for purpose.
- “Live for something, have a purpose; and that purpose, keep in view.” –Robert Whitaker.
- “Each of us is born for a purpose, and we want our lives to matter. I don’t think it’s unique to only some of us; it’s a longing of every human being.” –Garrett Gravesen.
- “There is no hope of success for the person who does not have a central purpose or definite goal at which to aim.” –Napoleon Hill.
- “Your purpose must be particular to you. This is the road less travelled. Your purpose cannot be someone else’s path, not your family’s path nor your friends’ path.” –Drew Scott Pearlman.
- “There are two great days in a person’s life – the day we are born and the day we discover why.” –William Barclay.
- “Your calling isn’t something that somebody can tell you about. It’s what you feel. It is the thing that gives you juice. The thing that you are supposed to do. And nobody can tell you what that is. You know it inside yourself.” –Oprah Winfrey.
- “Knowing your purpose gives your life meaning, simplicity, focus, and motivation. It also prepares you for eternity.” –Rick Warren.
- “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” –Friedrich Nietzsche.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
- “Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose.” –Viktor Frankl.
- “It’s not enough to have lived. We should be determined to live for something.” –Winston Churchill.
- “The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for.” –Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
- “Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement.” –W. Clement Stone.
- “More men fail through lack of purpose than lack of talent.” –Bill Sunday.
- “Above all be of single aim; have a legitimate and useful purpose, and devote yourself unreservedly to it.” –James Allen.
- “Life is a promise; fulfil it.” –Mother Theresa.
- “True happiness… is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.” –Helen Keller.
- “As you open yourself to living at your edge, your deepest purpose will slowly begin to make itself known.” –David Deida.
- “Passion and purpose scale – always have, always will.” –Elon Musk.
- “The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving.” –Johann Wolfgang Goethe.
- “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” –Maya Angelou.
Without purpose, our lives are reduced to a bland monotony. But when we are gripped by a purpose that convinces us, we can surmount the obstacles that lie in our way and live life to the fullest.
Featured Image Source: Medium
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org