Life is a journey. In order to arrive at your destination, you have to keep moving irrespective of the challenges that come up on the way. Sometimes this can feel like the hardest thing to do.
Read more about Monday Motivation
The roadblocks on the way may scare you into thinking that the next step you take may wreck you. However, it is those big steps that seem so insurmountable that often hold the key to the change you so desire.
Here are 21 quotes to inspire you to take action even in times when you feel like giving up.
- I’m a guy that wants the movie to work. So whatever it takes or whatever you got to do – I’m happy to do. – Joel Silver
- If you’re interested, you will do what is convenient; if you’re committed, you’ll do whatever it takes. – John Assaraf
- If you sit on, sleep on, stare at, or touch something for more than an hour a day, spend whatever it takes to get the best. – Marco Arment
- “It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends.” – J. K. Rowling
- “The secret of life…is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.” – Paulo Coelho, from The Alchemist
- “Far better to live your own path imperfectly than to live another’s perfectly.” -Bhagavad Gita
- “Each moment of our life, we either invoke or destroy our dreams.” -Stuart Wilde
- “Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.” -Soren Kierkegaard
- “It’s not about breaking the rules. It is about abandoning the concept of rules altogether” – Paul Lemberg
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
- “Don’t hire a dog, then bark yourself” -David Ogilvy
- “Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.” – Erica Jong
- “What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn’t have the power to say yes.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.” – William B. Sprague
- “Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly.” – Stephen R. Covey
- No one will ever love your business, or care about it, as much as you do. It is up to you to take the actions needed to get it started and keep it going. You can’t rely on others to bring you to action.
- “Sometimes you just got to give yourself what you wish someone else would give you.” – Dr Phil
- Are you waiting on someone else to give you the motivation, inspiration or advice to get started? The person you are waiting on may very well be you. Give yourself permission to take action.
- “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes but don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
- “There are only two rules for being successful. One, figure out exactly what you want to do, and two, do it.” – Mario Cuomo
- “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden
- “Doing nothing gets you nothing.” – Sean Reichle
Featured Image Source: Ladders
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org