Hello dear readers, how are you doing today? I hope you are doing great. It’s nice to be with you again.
Often when I reflect on my life by looking back at all the ups and downs that life has thrown at me, I have no choice but to marvel. To think that in the most difficult situations, God still came through for me just makes me want to give thanks and dance.
Read more about Health
I mean it has not been easy or a smooth sail, yet I am still alive and well to be able to give thanks.
Every day we wake up to life is a miracle. We are all tested one way or another with different challenges. It is how we are able to stay strong to our belief in God and do our best in every situation we find ourselves in is what makes us winners. My tip for you today is to embrace life and give it your best shot.
For today’s wonder fruit, we will be looking at Alligator Pepper. Alligator Pepper is a herb that is grown in Nigeria and other West African countries such as Cameroon, Ghana, Togo etc.
Alligator Pepper is a very special herb. It has a lot of unique uses. For instance, it is used in Marriage ceremonies, baby naming ceremony, burials, town meetings and so on.
Apart from this Alligator Pepper has some health benefits. For instance, I remember when I was in labour and not yet fully dilated, I was given some Alligator Pepper seeds with garri to chew. In less than five minutes, I became fully dilated and had my baby immediately.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
Now let’s look at 7 health benefits of Alligator Pepper:
- Alligator Pepper is a great worm expeller.
- It helps to treat Catarrh, fractures and bacteria infection.
- It is a hot spice used for preparing different types of dishes.
- It is rich in antioxidants properties and this helps to fight free radicals and offer protection against virus, tumours, ulcers and other diseases.
- Alligator Pepper helps to treat gastrointestinal illnesses such as ulcers, intestinal worms, diarrhoea and stomach pains.
- It helps in healing wounds, treating burns and inflamed mucous membranes.
- Alligator pepper also has aphrodisiac properties that help to stimulate sexual desire.
It is however advised that pregnant women should refrain from eating Alligator pepper as it can terminate their pregnancy. Lactating mothers should also avoid Alligator pepper as this can reduce their prolactin secretion. Prolactin is a hormone that helps to stimulate milk production after childbirth.
Well, my dear readers, you can see that Alligator pepper is a herb that has immense health benefits. Thank you for reading and do join me next time when I will be sharing another wonder fruit with you. Till then, it’s your Nature’s Pharmacist, OCB.
Featured Image Source: Public Health
Got a suggestion? Contact us: editor at connectnigeria dot com