For today, we will be looking at the wonderful food known as tiger nuts. Tiger nuts, as opposed to popular belief, are not actually nuts rather, they are tiny tubers and also known as nookoon, earth almonds, chufa, or yellow nutsedge.
Read more about Health
These tiny tubers are very rich in minerals, vitamin e, vitamin C, potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, and phosphorus.
Tigernut milk is richer in nutrients than cow’s milk and can be taken by someone who is lactose intolerant.
Below are 13 health benefits of tiger nuts.
- They are very useful for boosting infertility in men and women.
- They are used for treating menstrual disorders.
- They help to treat mouth and gum ulcers.
- They are used for the treatment of severe stomach pains.
- They are powerful sexual stimulants.
- They help to treat constipation diarrhoea and gas.
- They help in the treatment of arthritis.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
- They are a great remedy for erectile dysfunction.
- They help in the treatment of diabetes by controlling the blood sugar levels of the body.
- They help to reduce the risk of colon cancer to the barest minimum.
- Tiger nuts are rich in antioxidants such as Vitamin E and vitamin C which help to fight against free radicals, thereby protecting the body against damages such as cancer and coronary diseases.
- Tiger nuts help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, ageing, and acne.
- They are a natural source of magnesium which helps to maintain healthy functioning of the nervous system, muscles, reduces high blood pressure, and promote strong bones and healthy teeth.
As you can see my dear readers tiger nuts are an amazing and wonderful food which you should get into your pantry. These tiny tubers can be taken all the time. They are delicious and milk substitute.
Well, this is all we have for today thank you for joining me till I chat with you again it is your nature pharmacist OCB Cheers.
Featured Image Source: Tigernuts Traders
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org