YOUR choices are narrow I suppose, when you think of what to make out of blended beans– akara (fried in deep oil) or moi moi (boiled in wraps of leaves, foil or plastic). However, this recipe is special because we have decided to bake our moi moi, instead of boiling. So we are serving baked moi moi for lunch. Who will like some?
This will go well with either a plate of garri with cold water or akamu (pap) because it is #ProudlyNigerian (forget all the baking swag). What else can you have with moi moi? Drop your comments below.
- 3 cups beans (washed and blended)
- 6 red pepper (blended)
- 1 big tatashe (chilli)
- Stock cubes (to taste)
- 2 cooking spoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ground crayfish
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 onion
- Salt (to taste)
- Set your oven to 200°C. While oven is heating, mix all the ingredients together and taste.
- Grease muffin cups with vegetable oil.
- Pour the moi moi mix into the cups.
- Pour some water in the oven tray and place the cups with the moi moi mix in the tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Check it from time to time to ensure there is always water in the oven tray. If it looks like it is drying up, top up the water.
- When done, leave to cool down completely and bring them out from the cups or just eat them from the cups
Click here to order the ingredients – http://goo.gl/yVdzB1