If you are a grilled fish lover and you have never tried grilling red snapper, it is worth knowing that the red snapper fish is said to be the best for grilling whole fish. The vibrant red color comes from the high levels of carotenoid pigments coming from the shrimp in their natural diet. The red snapper makes a healthy meal and this grilled fish recipe is one we are sure you will love.
1 whole red snapper (gutted and scaled)
2 pcs Lime or lemon slices
1 bunch fresh basil (chopped)
1 bunch fresh cilantro (chopped)
4 tbs oyster sauce
2 tbs soy sauce
5 cloves garlic (pressed)
2 tsp fish sauce
2 tbs brown
¼ tsp black pepper
1 tbs lemon juice or lime juice
2 tsp Thai sweet chili sauce
1. Heat grill to about 350 degrees.
2. Mix the all the ingredients together in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Place the fish on a foil covered sheet pan. Score 3 diagonal cuts 1 ½ inches apart along the length of fish from head to tail on both sides.
4. Drizzle some of the marinade over fish, covering both sides and also the cuts.
5. Place fish in a grill basket and grill for 20 minutes with the cover of the grill closed. Always turn each side when a little charred and then brush with marinade at each turning. Barbecue until fish flakes. We highly recommend for family purpose, you should select an infrared grill reviewed by Jack Thompson from BroBBQ by reading the full review.
6. Place on serving tray and brush with marinade for a glossy finish. Squeeze lemon or lime juice over, and sprinkle with chopped basil and cilantro.
Serve with any dipping sauce of your choice.
The red snapper fish is available on Supermart.ng. Click here to order all the ingredients – http://goo.gl/yVdzB1