Roving Heights was created to provide access to an eclectic range of books. With the dream “to make books the new cool”, Tobi Eyinade founded Roving Heights in August 2015. Passionate about African books from a young age, Tobi Eyinade realized that there was limited access to good books and, in a bid to fill this void, Roven Heights was born.
After graduating from Obafemi Awolowo University and working a job from which she resigned, Tobi Eyinade set up Roving Heights. Roving Heights is a digital book distribution platform with a wide range of books of different genres.
The brand started with a traditional marketing style; supplying highly demanded books to bookshops across the city of Lagos. Later on, it adopted a digital marketing style which it still operates with today. Coming up with good content was the major propeller of the brand as relying primarily on digital marketing would have been exceedingly costly. After Tobi opened social media accounts for the brand and found a way to attract followers on the accounts, she eventually began to get orders through direct messages (DMs). When the business grew to the extent of delivering books to other states, a logistics company was implemented to that effect and then a website was created.
Facts about Roving Height:
- In August 2015, Roving Heights was launched by Tobi Eyinade.
- Eyinade set up the business with financial help from family and friends, most especially her brother who is her business partner.
- Roving Heights sells books that cut across different genres and it has a section exclusively for Nigerian author, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s books.
- Roving Heights got featured in Punch Newspaper in 2016, which brought massive exposure to the brand.
- Roving Heights has also featured with other media houses like Channels Television and The Nerve Africa.
- Books delivered by Roving Heights come with attractive book packs and bookmarks to encourage reading culture.
- Roving Heights reaches out to several book club startups in order to stifle the challenges they may be facing and suggest more books to them.
- In addition to partnering with book clubs, Roving Heights also embarks on a project called the Donate a Book initiative where it partners with NGOs to give books to the less privileged.
Since Roving Heights started like Amazon (selling only books), there is no telling the amount of success it could achieve in the future.